Designed specifically for storing, accessing, and sharing media in collaborative workgroup environments, Avid Unity MediaNetwork systems offer significant advantages over simple storage area networks (SANs).
Avid Unity MediaNetwork solutions integrate seamlessly into your production process to deliver real-time, high-resolution media to creative workstations. In addition, Avid Unity MediaNetwork systems offer stable performance in demanding environments; ease of administration; flexibility and scalability; and seamless interoperability with a powerful suite of asset management, media transfer, transcoding, and archiving tools.
8TB and 16TB Models available.
- Ideal for small workgroups and mid- to large-sized post and broadcast facilities, fifth-generation Avid Unity MediaNetwork systems have been re-engineered to provide increased power in a compact, cost-effective storage solution.
- The Avid Unity Media Engine all-in-one server and storage chassis simplifies installation and supports both high-bandwidth 4-Gigabit Fibre Channel and low-cost Gigabit Ethernet interfaces along with proven Avid Unity software and modular MEDIArray XT storage expansion hardware.
- Built on Avid's highly optimised file system architecture, Avid Unity MediaNetwork systems deliver a full range of uncompressed and compressed media in real time, including mastering-quality, high-efficiency Avid DNxHD and uncompressed high-definition (HD) media. Editing, finishing, audio, and graphics work can all take place at the same time, using the same media files and projects, in a dynamic, shared workspace.
- Enables improved workflow efficiency through true simultaneous sharing of media assets, right down to the file level
- Supports collaborative HD workflows using uncompressed HD media and high-efficiency Avid DNxHD encoded media
- Huge storage capacity of up to 128 TB with MEDIArray XT storage
- Supports a mix of real-time clients: Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Macintosh® OS X applications via Fibre Channel or via Gigabit Ethernet
- Optional Interplay workgroup services provide integrated asset, production, and system management, background media transfer, and archival storage
- Openness and Interoperability with real-time support for leading 3rd party editing solutions
- MEDIArray XT Chassis